Saturday, August 10, 2019

I Brake for Monsters on Halloween!

Hello and happy Saturday!

My daughter and I ran some errands on Thursday and guess what the stores were FULL of??  Halloween decorations.  It's still 2 1/2 months away but apparently it's time to start sharing Halloween cards.  (which is just fine by me because they'e so much fun to make.)

The great thing about the stamps that I used on this card is that none of them are actually Halloween stamps.  Why is that a good thing?  Because.  It means you can use them almost all year 'round.

I used
SMALL CLOUD

The pumpkin came from an image that I've discovered has been discontinued but I have another stamp that I almost trimmed the pumpkin out of that you could easily sub for the one that I used.

You could use Pumpkin and Vine Border.


I made an easel card so that the stone walkway really looks like it leads up to the house.  Little monster is really holding a cake in the actual stamp but I trimmed it out and had him hold a pumpkin.  The monster of a good time could be for a birthday if you leave the cake but I thought it fit for Halloween and Trick-or-Treating with him holding the pumpkin.


The house and one of the clouds is popped up on foam tape so that it has a 3-D look.


I also put yellow stickles on the windows so that it looked like the lights were really on.


The little monster lays flat and the house panel folds down so that it's flat for mailing.




1 comment:

  1. This is very clever, Renee! I noticed the same thing recently. All the stores are putting out the Halloween stuff. Maybe it is a great time to make Halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete