Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Brake For.....Cactus Silhouette!

Hello stamping friends!  Nancy here today - welcome to the first day of spring!  No spring flowers for me today, but I have a card showing the beauty of the southwest.



The image is called Cactus Silhouette and can be found HERE.

The American Southwest is one of my favorite places to visit.  When we lived in California many of our vacations were spent doing road trips throughout this area.  And I am happy to say that this May we will again be taking a trip here.  I am so excited - we'll be leaving from Florida and heading west to visit many of the National Parks and other destinations.  It's been about twelve years since we've been there.  And I can't wait to get some good Southwest/Mexican food!  Where we live in Florida you can get some great food - barbeque, seafood, southern food - but there are no good Mexican/Southwest restaurants here.  What they consider good Mexican restaurants here would not last a day in the southwest!

Here are the details on how I created this card:



A stamp positioner is very helpful to line everything up, so I first stamped the image on the acrylic plate - it does not have to be perfect, just good enough for you to get an idea of what it looks like.



Take your cardstock and sponge some Memento Dandelion ink over the area where you want the sun to be




Then take a circle mask (I made it using a circle punch and masking paper, but you can use a circle die and post it note too) and place it where you want the sun to be, then continue sponging Dandelion ink.



Add Memento Cantaloupe ink on the sides and above the mask. Then sponge Memento's Angel Pink and Lulu Lavender above the Cantaloupe ink.  This is what it looks like at this point.



Remove the mask and stamp the image - this is where a stamp positioning tool is helpful.



I cut the card down to size and realized I wanted the top part of the sky to be darker, so I sponged on some Memento Grape Jelly ink



From here I just mounted the stamped card on to orange and purple cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hop on over to the IBFS store - they have a large collection of southwest stamps, you can find the all HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment