Monday, January 8, 2018

I Brake for Mixed Media

Hi everyone, it's Monica from Taylormadecards4u. The start of the new year is always a great time to make a list of birthdays you don't want to forget during the year. For many of us card makers, we usually have a card on hand that will work for a female, it is the masculine cards we are sometimes lacking in.

Today I am sharing with you a card I created using the Wood Background stamp set from I Brake for Stamps


The background stamp was a great start to this masculine card I created using lost of elements. Let me tell you what I did.

To begin, I stamped a 4.25" x 5" piece of white card stock with the Wood background stamp using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink. I then found some script paper and tore it diagonally and adhered it to the wood grain stamped background. I added some black soot distress crayon to the torn edge.


I then took the background inserts of one of my tim holtz packages and cut it down to 4.75" x 6.75" and added some washi tape to it. I then took a paper distresser and frayed the edges.

At this point, I was ready to add my woodgrain background to the larger background piece.  Once it was adhered I started to add my embellishments.


I also stamped the watch clock image onto the panel which was also part of the woodgrain Background set

This would be a great stamp set for those masculine cards you need to make this year.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment