Saturday, January 27, 2018

I Brake for Beaches!

Hello and happy Saturday!

Today I'm sharing my Father-In-Law's birthday card with you.
He lives in Florida and loves the water so I often make him a nautical themed card.
 I've used several images from MS97 Full Plate.
On the front I used the one of the smaller lighthouses because I wanted it to appear that it was in the distance a bit.
I also used the sailboat.


I hand drew in the lines for the sky, water and sand. I used a very thin Marvy marker to make some tufts of sea grass.  I also added a couple more stepping stones.


On the inside I used some rocks with sea grass and the bottle with sand. The verse is from Every Day Phrases.


Even though I don't love the beach...I'm very pale so I burn easily...plus I don't like things touching me when I'm swimming.  Plus the sand gets everywhere...plus...well, you get the point.  In spite of that, Nautical cards are one of my all time FAVORITE cards to make!!  I'm going to get tons of use out of this sheet.



No comments:

Post a Comment