Wednesday, December 6, 2017

I Brake For...TAGS!

Hello friends! Nancy here -  it's December and just about 2.5 weeks away from Christmas!  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the season.

Today I have a couple of holiday tags to show you.  To get the most out of my Christmas stamps I like to use them not only for cards, but for tags as well.   My craft room is filled with enough paper, ink, ribbons and stamps so I really don't need to buy ready made tags.

Here is the first..



This tag uses the cute North Pole Postage stamp found here.

I colored it with copics and adhered it to a tiny red card that opens up and provides a space for you to write To/From.

From there I attached it to a base that consisted of red cardstock and a snowflake die cut.  The die cut was attached to the red cardstock with spray adhesive - its the best thing to use when you have a die cut with a lot of open spaces.  The only problem is you only get one chance to attach it.  Once it is on the paper it is stuck!  No repositioning!    And forget about the fancy twine in the scrapbook aisle.. that white string is crochet thread - cheap and lasts forever.


The next tag uses the beautiful stamp called Poinsettias...found here. 




As you can see I only used part of the stamp - I colored it with copics, cut it out and attached it to a die cut tag.

Over the years (decades?) of paper crafting I have learned not to spend a lot of money on gift wrap.  For small items I use my (large) stash of patterned paper to make gift card holders, envelopes, boxes and bags.  For larger gifts I have a roll of white wrapping paper that I purchased at a local retail supply house.  With white wrapping paper you can do so much - it can be used for any occasion - just dress it up with ribbons or stamp on it and you have a custom design.

For this package I used a pretty gold ribbon that I saved from  a gift I received last Christmas along with some plain red satin ribbon to wrap the box.  Add the tag and I'm done!

Hop on over to the IBFS store and check out the thousands of stamps - I know you will find something to you liking.

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment