Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I Brake For....Bisters!

Hello crafty friends.  Nancy here and today I am sharing a gift bag made using Bisters for the colors.




 Bister is a wood stain that creates beautiful backgrounds. It is water soluble. To use, put a tiny amount on card stock and spray with water. You can use a light spray or a heavier spray, depending on the background that you want to achieve.

You can find Bisters on the IBFS store here.

For my bag I used Bisters in the Mahogany and Green colors to make the Poinsettias,  leaves and the background on the bag.  These colors have a rich and rustic look to them. They are beautiful and it is hard to capture the colors in a photo.

For the main flower I sprinkled mahogany bister on watercolor paper and spritzed water.  Here is what it looks like before cutting out the shapes.  The color is a rich dark red.



Here are the poinsettia die cuts -I used the Spellbinders Poinsettia dies.  I just put the pieces together and attached a dark red glittery  pearl to the center.



Here is the sheet with Green bisters and the leaves cut out.



Once I had the flower finished I made a bag using the We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board.  I made several bags this season for gifts and really love this tool.  

I lightly sprinkled some Green Bister onto the bag before I put it together -it gives the bag a bit more of a rustic look. I also punched out some leaf branches and a tag with the leftover piece of green stained paper.

Hop on over to the IBFS store and check out all the Bister colors.  They are so much fun to work with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment