Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I Brake For....Wine And Grapes!

Hello stampers, Nancy here.  My card today features the beautifully drawn Wine And Grapes stamp..




The stamp can be found here on the IBFS store. It's also part of a larger set called MS58 Full Sheet - found here.

I really enjoyed coloring this one up.  I've been taking an online class using colored pencils and wanted to try out what I learned on this image.  One thing I've learned from the class is patience.  I am not a patient crafter - I think it goes back to the days when I first started stamping and it seems like every class or get together was focused on how many cards we could make in the time we had together.  That created a rush mentality for me that has carried on throughout the years.  However this particular class I am currently taking focuses on different parts of a stamp and taking your time to color each section.

It's been a real eye opener for me and I find that taking the time to just get one card done, and done well, is much more satisfying than getting three cards done in the same time that may not turn out as nice.  That being said, I still like those "stamp and go" cards.  Especially around the holidays when I need to get a few clean and simple cards out.

I used a bunch of prisma pencils for this image:

Grapes:  Dioxazine Purple Hue,  Dark Purple, Imperial Violet, Lilac and a touch of Lime Peel on a few of the grapes
Leaf and Stems - Prussian Green,  Kelp Green, Moss Green

The Wine bottle and Glass use the same colors.  For the Wine Bottle, I combined some green and purple pencils to try and mimic the look of a green wine bottle filled with red wine.  For the label on the bottle of wine I scribbled a name and framed it out with a bronze pencil.



I went back and forth as to how to use the image on a card and decided on framing it within a stitched rectangle die with a purple mat on green cardstock.

This image would be great for a birthday card for wine lovers, a thank you card, or house warming gift card.   If you are heading out to a party this holiday season this image would look great paired with a bottle of wine!

Stop by the IBFS store to find this and thousands of others stamps.  You are sure to find something to your liking!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment