Wednesday, October 25, 2017

I Brake For ....Jumbo Acorns!

Hello stampers - Nancy here today I have a nice fall card to show you - along with my attempt at the latest popular technique.  First, the card..




The stamp is call Jumbo Acorns and can be found here.

Oh - this was such a great image to color up.  I love using fall colors on cards - you can go very bold and bright or muted.  I used copics in  oranges, reds, mustardy yellows and a bunch of earth tones. If you do a fancy dinner for Thanksgiving this image would be perfect for napkin rings or on candles.

Now - the technique.  The word FALL was spelled out using the Eclipse technique - which seems to be all the rage right now.  It was my first attempt at this and let me give you my perspective..

I don't own any alphabet dies, which is what is typically used to cut out the letters, so I went to my silhouette and designed the word using the Bebe Nueve font and a generic leaf cut file for the "A".

I cut the word out of my main panel, and twice more on colored cardstock - the same color as the background mat - giving you three layers.




Then you take the three layers and glue them together...



From here you just place the letters on your card where the negative space was left.

Some pointers -

-If you have good sized alphabet dies, use them as they are probably easier to handle then going with a cut file.
-If you use a silhouette or similar machine, make your letters big enough so they are easy to handle.  If I were doing my card over again I would make the letters about 1.5" tall (they are just shy of an inch tall now) and I would make them "fatter" - which is easy to do on a silhouette.
-Use liquid glue to put the layers together - you will have a few seconds to wiggle the pieces so they are lined up nicely.
-Some people use pop dots to pop the letters up on the card, but if you are using good cardstock there is no need to do so - the three layers will be enough.


I hope you will try this technique - it was fun to do.

Hop on over to the IBFS store to find this stamp and hundreds of other for the fall and winter.  You are sure to find something you will like!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment