Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Brake For....Hyacinth!

Hello stampers,  Nancy here today with a card that features one of the new floral images recently released.



The stamp is called Hyacinth and can be found here as a single stamp, or part of a larger set called  Lovely Florals found here.  All are beautifully drawn and color up quickly.


I used three blue copic markers for the blossoms and three YG markers for the leaves and stem.  The background was embossed with a swiss dot folder but it did not stand out against the base card so I rubbed a white pigment inkpad over it to bring out the embossing.  Some lace ribbon and blue raffia were added for more texture.  I know sequins are all the rage now, but I just don't like the look of them and I have a ton of rhinestones so I added those to the bottom - they were clear and I colored them with a blue copic marker to coordinate with the rest of the card.


Usually with flower images I color up a few test images before making the final color decision.  In this case I colored up one using RV copic markers.  It came out very nice so I decided to make a second card, using the same design layout and base card.  Here is that version.




I hope you like what you see here.  Hop on over to the IBFS store to find this and thousands of other stamps.

Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment: