Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I Brake For.... Birdhouse!!

Hello stamping friends.  I hope all is well with you as we start September and the unofficial fall season.  While it is still in the 90's here in Florida, there are signs all around that fall is in the air.  The stores are filled with cool weather clothes, school is back in session and pumpkins seem to be everywhere.  For today's card I am going to show you a sweet birdhouse stamp.




The image on the card is actually made up of two stamps..first, the actual birdhouse is called Birdhouse #2  and can be found here.  The larger leaves on the post is a border stamp called Vine Border and can be found here.  Both of these images can be found in the full set called Yard And Garden Sheet  found here.  The sheet also contains a wonderful sunflower image that I used not too long ago, as well as some other cute stamps.


Now - if you check out the birdhouse stamp of the IBFS store you will see that it is just the birdhouse itself, and not the post that I show it siting on in the card.  I actually drew in the post myself because I needed the birdhouse to be sitting on something to make the design work.  It was merely a few straight lines just below the birdhouse   - super simple to do!

I colored the house several different times with copics - pinks, yellow, orange, green - and finally decided on a pretty violet.  Love the color and surprised myself when I found cardstock to match!

The sentiment is computer generated.  Some ribbon and an enamel dot were added for embellishments.  I kept wanting to add more but nothing seemed right, so I just left it at that.  It's on ongoing learning experience for me to know when to stop.

I hope you will stop by the IBFS store - they have a bunch of new stamps that were recently released - I'm sure you will find something to your liking.

Thank for stopping by today!



2 comments: