Sunday, August 27, 2017

I Brake For...Sympathy Cards

Greetings, gentle Sunday readers. Sympathy cards are never easy cards to create or to make, they are even less easy to give. My extended family has recently suffered one loss and another part of that family is getting ready to experience another. While making cards with the express intent to be sympathy cards isn't a fun concept, you can work on a beautiful project and turn it into a sympathy card at almost the last minute, this is what I did with this card.


I heat embossed, with gold embossing powder, the Butterfly Background stamp from I Brake For Stamps. Then I colored the butterflies and surrounding paper with Zig Real Clean Color Brush Markers. This was a fun and very rewarding project to work on, it went rather quickly and the results were incredibly beautiful.

I didn't have any intention, when I started working on this project, to turn it into a sympathy card. However, once I was finished with it I kept looking at it and realized that this might be a cheerful thing to send to someone who needs cheering up. I kept thinking about the family members that I would be needing to send sympathy cards too.

I was fortunate that I found the colored paper in my stash that matched the butterflies and background, I assure you that this hadn't been planned, I wish I HAD planned it! Then I went searching through my stash for a sympathy sentiment. I also heat embossed this, using the same gold embossing powder. For a final touch, I added a bit of gold embroidery thread. I hope that the result is that this card sends a beautiful smile to a loved ones face through their time of heartache.



This is just one stamp example of the many that would make perfect sympathy cards found at the I Brake For Stamps page. There are some incredibly LOVELY stamps you could use to brighten up a loved one's day!

I hope I have inspired you, and that you find something that helps loved ones through their more difficult times.








No comments:

Post a Comment