Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I Brake For....Hippos!

Hello stampers - Nancy here today! Today's card features a new set over available at IBFS and it is so cute!!  How do you like hippos?



This adorable stamp and sentiment set is called Hippo Set - found here - and is one of the cute animal sets just released.  It's also available as part of a larger set called Animals Complete Set - found here - which includes 5 cute animal stamps and a bunch of coordinating sentiments.

When I went to color this cute hippo I whipped out my grey markers....then said wait a minute!!!  I don't[ have to go with grey!!  He can be any color!  I had already chosen some patterned paper to use and noticed there was a bit of bright blue within the plaid.  Once I saw that I new this guy had to be blue!!

I colored the body first, then stamped him again and colored the head and bird.  The head/bird part was cut out and popped up off the body so it really stands out on the card.  The sentiment is one stamp that is horizontal, but I cut it up and stamped it in a vertical format to work with the overall design of the card.

The pink, green and plaid paper are all from a birthday paper pack from DCWV.  The trees in the background are just pieces of a leaf die.  I used stitched dies for the frame and hills.     Here is a closer look.



I hope you will hop on over to the IBFS store and check out this new release.

Thanks for stopping by today!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! He's just perfect in blue! I love this so much. What a fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete