Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I Brake for Steampunk Journals

I seem to have a lot of Steampunk mojo, so I'm sharing another Steampunky project. This time it's a journal cover featuring Steampunk Beauty from the Eclectic Steampunk rubber stamp set by Carmen Medlin Designsavailable at I Brake for Stamps.



Steampunk Beauty was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts) onto white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The image panel was die-cut with one an oval die. A Glaze pen was used to add shine and dimension to the Steampunk Beauty monocle, the watch crystal, and the screws.

Black cardstock was die-cut with the matching scalloped oval die to serve as a mat for the Steampunk Beauty oval.

I used a Worn Journal as the base for my third Steampunk Journal. Gold metallic textured specialty paper was sponged with black ink to bring down the shine a bit. I cut the piece to 3" x 7", scored it, and backed it with double-sided tape to adhere it securely to the spine. 

Patterned papers were edged with Jet Black Archival ink and layered onto the front and back covers of the journal. 

A scalloped border die was used to die-cut black cardstock. The textured gold metallic cardstock used for the spine was die-cut with a chain die and two sizes of alphabet dies.

The image oval and the die-cut elements were adhered to the journal, then the ring binder insert was attached using screw-top brads. Tiny gears were adhered to the center of metallic flowers  with brads and/or glue. These flowers were added to the top right corner of the journal cover.

A hole was poked through the spine, a ring fastener was inserted, and a watch charm on a  chain was added. I wanted to add bird and  heart charms, but I couldn't find them. No doubt they're someplace safe in the black hole that is my craft room (currently undergoing a remodel).

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Just so you know, I Brake for Stamps ships internationally!

Click HERE to be whisked I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 



Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment