Sunday, July 2, 2017

I Brake for...Mermaids

Here it is! Last week I promised you a mermaid card and I get to share it with you today! Oh boy, is the detail on this stamp lovely! One of the wonderful things about rubber stamps is that they can be much more detailed than their clear counterparts. For images like this one all that detail just adds to the splendor.

I'm trying to learn how to embrace patterned paper, it is never my go-to, but I wanted a little something added to this card that wasn't a frame. I had already painted this beautiful creature and the bubbles around her when I discovered the most perfect patterned paper to accent her surroundings. I blue mermaid among pink bubbles. Hey, mermaids are fantasy, so bubbles can be pink in that fantasy! ;)

I didn't care for the joint, where my watercolor paper met with the patterned paper, fortunately, I had several washi choices to choose from. I chose a sparkly pink and sparkly silver washi which helped bring out the sparkle in this Mermaid's tail.

I had painted her with Zig Real Brush Markers, after having stamped her in StazOn black ink. To make her just a smidge more magical I added some pearl cobalt blue, from my Kuretake "Pearl Colors" set just to her tail. The result is a lovely card that I think any woman would love to receive.




I hope you enjoyed my card! I LOVED coloring it! There are SO MANY fabulous fantasy cards at I Brake for Stamps that I am positive you'll find one that will transport you to your own little fantasy world! If you are looking for exactly this stamp, her name is Mareisha, she's on page 2 if you search Mermaids!

No comments:

Post a Comment