Sunday, July 9, 2017

I Brake For...Castles!

Hello, my darlings!

Hannah from Fanciful Spaces here! Last week I brought you a beautiful mermaid, and this week I'm bringing you a castle! Can you tell that my mind lives in a constant state of fantasy? The really awesome thing about this is that I Brake For Stamps has SO MANY fantasy stamps to choose from, Della makes it incredibly easy to continue living in my fantasy world.


Believe it or not, but I prefer to color with Copic markers. I have shared a few cards, here, that were colored with Copics, and one that was in colored pencil, however, I find myself drawn to painting with the stamps available at I Brake For Stamps. Most of the stamps that I have chosen to share from I Brake For Stamps just LOVE to be painted!!!

I stamped this image, using StazOn black ink, onto watercolor paper, I then painted it using Zig Clean Color Markers. It was so much fun to watch this image come alive! Using a straight edge, I tore off a portion of the painted layer to reveal a rough edge on my paper. I colored this rough edge with some brown ink that I had. This layer was adhered to some Neenah Desert Sand card stock, whose one edge was embossed with gold embossing.

It was after I had adhered these two layers together that I felt my card needed something more. I dug through my stamps and found a sentiment that worked PERFECTLY. I embossed this with more gold embossing powder, being careful not to ruin the adhesive or the card. Finally, I matted this onto a Neenah Solar White card base in 110lb.




The result is a castle straight out of my fantasies! If you are wanting this stamp, it is the Large Castle stamp, there is an incredible amount of detail in it! Thank you for reading my post, it is my sincerest desire to have inspired you to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment