Sunday, June 11, 2017

I Brake for...Radiance and Positivity

Hi there, Hannah here! I have been dying to share this card with you! I started playing with this moth the second I got it into my hot little hands. I also knew I was going to use this die with it, but I struggled with how I was going to put it together.
I admit that my husband helped me there. It was his suggestion that I colored the strips so that they appeared more dimensional. Using distress inks I worked the darker colors in the curved area and then worked out on both ends to the brighter inks.
Look at that moth though? Isn't it FABULOUS, with its circuit board wings? I just think it is incredibly different than many stamps currently on the market. This is another Carmen Medlin design, whose designs I have used a lot! I love her animal mechanical designs! When I was done coloring it I fussy cut it out, ran a black Copic marker around the edges, and hit the lightbulb head with some Wink of Stella.
I will absolutely be playing with this stamp a bunch more, it was so fun to color. If you like this stamp you should check out the other Carmen Medlin designs that can be found at I Brake for Stamps. If this isn't your thing, you are in luck! I Brake for Stamps has over 3000 designs to choose from. I promise I'll showcase more of their amazing designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment