Sunday, June 25, 2017

I Brake for...Gnomes!


 Hello, friendly readers! It is Hannah again! I am bringing to you another gnome for the Gnome Sheets stamp set! I know you are used to seeing Kathi post about these gnomes because they are AWESOME, but I wanted to play with them too and to show you something I made with them.



There are 10 gnomes on this stamp sheet, as well as 3 toadstools, there is A LOT of variety on this sheet, it is a MUST HAVE for any gnome lover. Most of the gnomes are gardening, but some of them are doing other activities, or just standing there. It was actually one of Kathi's cards that alerted me to the company I Brake for Stamps! I hope this card inspires you to poke around the shop, if you do, comment down below on what amazing products you find! With over 3,000 items I know you'll find something I haven't!



I colored my little gnome using Zig Markers on watercolor paper. I hadn't been too sure of what I'd do with him until I found this background stamp, which was also colored in the same fashion. My only problem was that the background was so busy my gnome would easily have gotten lost. 

Enter vellum! Vellum allows you to see the background but in an obscured way, allowing for something in front to pop to your attention. Adhering vellum can be tricky, I could adhere it behind the gnome no problem, I used some Ranger Multi-Matte Medium between the background and the vellum, and again between the vellum and the gnome. I also used TINY bits of Multi-Matte Medium behind the strategically placed sentiment, which I found on another random stamp set in my stash.


I hope you don't get too bored of gnome stamps, you can obviously tell that both Kathi and I love gnomes. Next week I'll bring you a FABULOUS mermaid card!



No comments:

Post a Comment