Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I Brake for Flowery Cats!

Cats plus flowers make me happy. The Purrfect Day Cats rubber stamp sheet (Stampinback), available at I Brake for Stamps makes me really happy ecstatic because the sheet includes TEN floral cat silhouettes, four paw prints, two sentiments, one fish skeleton, and one matching flower for a total of 18 fabulous images on the sheet which means you'll be seeing LOTS of flowery cat creations from me! By the way, IBFS ships internationally.

Here's my card with one of the ten floral kitties!

Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink was smooshed (technical term) onto my craft mat, spritzed with water, then 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) was dragged through the diluted ink and heat set. This step was repeated with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink, then Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink. When I was happy with the coverage,  Post-It Notes were placed across the cardstock and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink was sponged over top. I wasn't really thrilled with the color, so I sponged Peeled Paint Distress and Mowed Lawn Grass Distress ink over top.

Using my stamp positioner, the kitty from the Purrfect Day Cats sheet was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink . I had to re-ink the stamp and stamp it again to get better coverage, most likely because inept. I can't wait to get ahold of the of one of the new trendy stamp positioner systems so that I don't have to be quite so careful when re-stamping an incomplete image! Anyway, I touched up the image using a Black Pitt Artist Brush pen.

A shadow was added under the cat using a Warm Grey Pitt Artist Brush pen.

The image panel was die-cut with one of a scalloped rectangle die. A larger plain rectangle die, a "Purr-fect" sentiment die, and the "Just" die were used to die-cut black cardstock. The image panel was matted with the plain black rectangle die-cut. The sentiment was adhered in place.

The leftover Distress Oxide sponged cardstock was die-cut with a Butterfly die ) and punched with a tiny dragonfly punch. The butterflies and the dragonflies were a bit boring, so I added Distress ink to them to perk 'em up a bit. My black marker was used to detail their bodies and edge them, then Black  Glitter pen was used to add a touch of glitter to them. The insects were adhered to the image panel and a Clear Glitter pen was used to add flight trails. The cardfront was adhered to a rust card.

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find great selections of Stampinback stamps plus lots of other stamps from other stamp companies. 

If you have any questions about the techniques or products I used, feel free to ask!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment