Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I Brake for Sailboats!

I love the ocean and I love to sail, though I don't get to do so very frequently. I guess that's why sailboats, beach scenes, and ocean-life stamps always appeal to me. 

My tag features the sailboat, gulls, and the compass from the Always Time for Friendship Half Sheet (Stampinback), available at I Brake for Stamps. By the way, IBFS ships internationally!


I recently received my long awaited set of Distress Oxide inks and after playing around a tiny bit, decided to try to create a seascape tag using them. 

A tag was die-cut from mixed media cardstock, then sponged with Distress Oxide inks. When I was happy with the result, the sailboat from the Always Time for Friendship Half Sheet was stamped onto the tag with Jet Black Archival ink. I colored the image using pigment and India ink markers. 

The gulls and the compass were stamped with with Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger). A white gel pen was used to add sea foam and white caps to the ocean. 

Three colors of hemp twine were added to finish the tag.

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find great selections of Stampinback stamps plus lots of other stamps from other stamp companies. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies!



If you have any questions about the techniques or products I used, feel free to ask!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment