When I used the tea set last week, I thought to myself, "Self, wouldn't a teapot look cool if it had a crackled texture?" So I set about creating an antique tea set this gorgeous teapot and matching tea cups from a fabulous rubber stamp sheet (MS78) from Merry Stamper, available at I Brake for Stamps! The tea set has four tea gorgeous teapots with four matching tea cups, two sentiments, and a tiny steaming teapot.
Here it is!
The teapot and matching tea cups were stamped with Blueprint Sketch Distress ink, colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, then edged with a blue Sharpie marker. I used my index finger to coat the teapot and tea cups with relatively thick layers of Distress Collage Crazing Medium. They were left to dry for several hours. When completely dry, I had to place them under a stack of books for a few days to flatten them out.
Blue floral cardstock was trimmed, then the edges were distressed. White cardstock was die-cut with a pretty lace border die.
The border was adhered over the patterned paper, then the teapot and matching tea cups were adhered. The final step was to adhere card front was adhered to a blue card.
Here's a close-up view of the lovely crackling!
Thanks for visiting today!