Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Brake for Steampunk Sea Creatures!

If you love Steampunkery, as I do, you should check out I Brake for Stamps because they have a great selection of Steampunk stamps! 

I have so many Steampunk inspired stamps and dies that I decided to create Steampunk Journals! I've already created Volume one, The Aviary, which houses Steampunk bird journal pages. My latest Steampunk Journal will focus on all things aquatic!

I've used I've used Steampunk Siren's CallSteampunk Baby Sea Turtleand Steampunk Seahorse rubber stamps, which are some new Carmen Medlin stamps available at I Brake for Stamps

Here's the front cover.

Here's the Inside Front Cover

Here's the Back Cover with a view of the Spine.

Steampunk Siren's CallSteampunk Baby Sea Turtleand Steampunk Seahorse were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts), colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and edged with a black marker.

They were put aside while I prepared the journal for them. I used a Worn Cover (Idea-ology) as  the base for my journal. It was coated with black gesso on the outside and the inside. It was then sponged with acrylic paints and then sealed.

I tried to sponge green ink through a stencil, but it disappeared into the striated blue background, so white ink was sponged through the stencil, then immediately sponged again with green ink. This layer was heat set.

A variety of sea greenery dies were used to die-cut two colors of green cardstock. These were adhered to the bottom of the front and back covers. Texture paste was used to add the sand over the greenery at the base of the covers. 

Silver-painted cardstock was die-cut with a gear corner die, a gear border die, a ton of gears, some pipes, and some nailheads. My trusty rusty paint mixture was used to add a nice touch of corrosion to the gears.

Silver cardstock was used to die-cut the title, subtitle, sharks, small turtles, sea horsess, a jellyfish, starfish, shells, and sand dollars. They were also rusted. 

Everything was assembled and I called it done! Yahoo! If you have any questions about the creation of this project, please feel free to contact me and I'll try to clarify.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! 


Thanks for visiting today!


No comments:

Post a Comment