Thursday, June 16, 2016

I Brake for Grumpy Gretta ...

Hello IBFS fans !!!

It's Crystal here and I thought today I would do one of my favorite techniques , paper piecing ..it reminds me of dressing my paper dolls when I was little. Today's image is called Grumpy Gretta , I colored her in colored pencils and baby oil and copics , her shirt is paper pieced and I always like to add shading to make the piecing pop more , I do this with copic markers . I added g;lossy accent to her glasses . The word bubble is a My Creative Time stitched die , the rectangle layers have a stitched edge and they are from Lil Inkers , the flower and leaves are Botanical builders from Stampin Up

When I found this image in the Humorous Seniors she so reminded me of a Cuban grandma smokin a Cuban cigar so I had to make her tropical and fun , my husband is Cuban and truly love hearing stories from him , our hope is one day we can make a trip to Cuba and see extended family , I would love to see Cuba before it is commercialized , all the picture I see are like time stood still , I love the old cars and the simplicity of life there  , I digress ... my point it sometimes you look at an image and it evokes memories or creative thoughts on how you think things might be  , Grumpy  Gretta has done that for me , go look at all the great images in the I Brake for Stamps online store and look at all the awesome stamps they carry


 
 

I hope my creation with this image as you running to buy it or find one you can't live without .
Thanks so much for stopping by.
For this image and so many more visit the IBFS store  .
when you visit I Brake for Stamps store

No comments:

Post a Comment