Monday, December 14, 2015

I Brake For Candle Light

{jane bosi}  Happy Monday, Brakers!!  My share today features a water colored image called Vintage Candle.  I wanted the project to have a mixed media feel to it so, I added several layers which was pretty simple since I used water color paper and water based inks in addition to my peerless water colors.  After water coloring the candle image, I masked it off and stamped over the entire panel using the wood grain background from Wood Background Half Sheet.  Because my ink was also water based, I was able to go over the lines of the wood grain image to blur and blend giving the background a shabby look.  Next, I randomly inked portions of the We Wish You Background and added it to the left hand edge.  To mute the text a bit, I ran a finger full of gesso over parts of it, further adding to the overall shabby look.

I hope you're feeling a bit inspired!  Go get inky and be awesome!  TTFN--Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment