Monday, November 23, 2015

I Brake For Artsy

{jane bosi}  Happy Monday, Brakers!!!  I took some time, this weekend, to pause the holiday preparations and just play!  I'm loving these new Stamp Release Sheets!  They are so much fun to play with and they all work well together!
There's a lot going on with this card and I am completely in love with it!  I wanted to create a background with a mixed media feel to it.  I started by creating a resist using the checker board strip stamp from the Einstein Half Sheet.  I added multiple layers of color using distress inks and my nonstick kraft sheet.  Then,  I layered several other images from Einstein Half Sheet, Binoculars and Golf Half Sheet and Wood Background Half Sheet.  I used white pigment ink, black ink and some distress ink.  I almost didn't want to cover it up!

I chose the main image from Binoculars and Golf Half sheet and popped it up on dimensional tape when adding it to the project.  To finish things off, I added the cute little tag found on the Einstein half sheet with a portion of the "Keep Calm" sentiment from the Wood Background Half Sheet (I'm sorry if I'm confusing you, but you really do need them all!!)
My second card features images from Glass and Eye Chart Sheet and Einstein Half Sheet.  The cracked glass image is embossed and colored with three different blue distress inks.  Great images for masculine cards!

Go on and get artsy--be awesome!  Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment