Monday, January 19, 2015

I Brake For Women Warriors!

{jane bosi|
Happy Monday!  I have a little mixed media canvas like project to share today.  I love creating on larger canvases, but thought it would also be fun to treat a card front in a similar way.

I'm on a bit of a vibrant color kick lately and am just loving on my Dylusions Ink Sprays.  I've never been a fan of the lighter pastel shades and these ink sprays are anything but that! 

The women are from the stamp sheet, Fashionistas, and I just find them to be all warrior like.  I added some extra stamping from the Diamonds Half Sheet.  I inked up the diamond backgrounder by rubbing/dabbing white acrylic paint on to the stamp surface.  It was thicker in some places and ended up providing some extra dimension and tonality.  Also, because the watercolor paper was saturated with ink (and still a bit wet) I found that the application of paint and, later mod podge, drew some of the ink's pigmentation into the paint and glue.  I like the effect it created and, even more, I like that it was complete happenstance :)

The warriors were stamped once (in archival black ink) directly to the watercolor paper and then again, on an old book page.  After trimming the images, I applied them to the card front using mod podge.

Be happy.
Be Bright.
BE YOU!

It's a whole new week---don't forget to be awesome!
TTFN, Jane

1 comment: