Monday, February 10, 2014

I Brake For Tulips

 
Perhaps I'm just attempting to channel something springy, but I adore this tulip image from I Brake For Stamps. I can't seem to get enough of it! It's so much fun to color, as you can see. To create my vibrant cards, I first stamped on watercolor paper and then colored them in using Dylusions sprays and distress inks. I used the idea found in the most recent Technique Junkies Newsletter called, Spray Mist Coloring. Such a great way to get even more mileage out of those sprays! I particularly like the dylusions brand because they are so vivid and colorful!

Because I was using watercolor paper, I decided to goof around a bit and sprayed one of the panels with a light mist of water after coloring. You can see how the colors ran and give that particular panel a more "arty" feel. I completed all three panels by inking the edges with distress inks.

The images are so gorgeous, on their own, I went with a clean and simple layout for all three.....I think they are perfect :)



TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment