Friday, December 16, 2011

Silver Bells...

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all having a great December and are enjoying all of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. My husband and I have been out of the country from December 1-14 so when we returned, I literally had to hit the ground running. I'm finally getting over the jet lag that I didn't have time for! lol I've been enjoying listening to a LOT of Christmas music as I work on Christmas gifts and address all of the cards that I should have already had out in the mail. Ah well, they went out today so there is still hope!

I made quite a few of this particular card as it was quick to mass produce and looks like I spent more time on it than I really did. I heat embossed the Holiday Bells stamp from I Brake for Stamps with silver embossing powder. I love the ribbon in the stamp and the classy-looking bells!

Holiday Bells Stamp

It measures a standard A2 size (4.25 x 5.5") and I've dry embossed the card front using a Sizzix embossing folder from Stampin' Up! (can't recall the name). To that I've added a silver glitter mat measuring 4.0" x 5.25" just to make it 'pop.' The hop layer measures 3.75" x 5". The blue cardstock is Not Quite Navy by SU!. The sentiment is an SU! stamp. I decided to round 2 of the corners on all of the layers to soften it a bit, and finished the card off with some half-backed pearls.



I think this bell stamp would be a nice one for a wedding card as well...and can you totally see that ribbon paper pieced with pretty, feminine paper? Love it...definitely going to try that when I have time! You can see this and thousands of other stamps on the IBFS website.

Enjoy the busyness! It's a magical time of year! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment