Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Brake for Challenges!!!


Hey folks! It's Holly posting today. I Brake For Challenges and so does Jane Bosi! Jane and I decided to have some fun challenging each other with stamps from I Brake for Stamps. What makes this even more special is the new I Brake for Challenge BLOG!!! That's right - there's a new blog dedicated to fun weekly challenges where you can see more awesome IBFS artwork. I hear tell there might be PRIZES involved for some lucky folks who play along with these challenges!!!

This month Jane and I are focusing on the fun Sarah's Girls from I Brake For Stamps, and today's challenge is all about MUSIC.

Now which girl do you think I picked for this challenge?? LOL! No brainer, right??? LOL iPod Hailey is perfect for this challenge, and I was thinking of my nieces with their headphones when I was creating this card. They like bright, fun colors, so I had to go with neon pink and lime green and a bright sunny yellow.

The tiny little iPod case is paper pieced with the same lime green patterned paper you see in the background. The image is colored with Copic markers, and I actually tried the Copic Texturizing technique (from Technique Junkies)on the pink dress and boots. Unfortunately, it didn't show up very well no matter what angle I used for my picture. I added the ribbon tabs and black buttons for some fun textural interest.

Join us again next Wednesday on the I Brake for Challenges blog to see what our next challenge will be. Be sure to sign up as a follower or email subscriber so you don't miss out on any of the fun challenges!


Stamps: iPod Hailey from Sarah's Girls sheet
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Black, White, Daffodil, DeLovely (Cosmo Cricket)
Other: Copics, buttons, yellow ribbon
TJ Techniques: Copic Texturizing, Paper Piecing

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to this first challenge! None of the stamps I have purchased from your website seemed appropriate for this challenge so I knew I couldn't win but I just wanted the challenge! Gotta stretch those creative muscles! Can't wait to see what others have done...

    ReplyDelete